Saturday, December 20, 2008

Rick Warren Update 2


I have been following the Rick Warren Debate. Maybe one of the things this does is to highlight some of the outrageous statements that some of these preachers make.


Here are some choice statements from Rick Warren. Oh yeah, I do know he is Ssempa’s friend, so maybe I would also like to shine some light on , err, my ‘friend’ there!

Some quotes from here…


““Warren vocally opposes gay marriage, does not believe in evolution, has compared abortion to the Holocaust and backed the assassination of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad,””


“one of architects and promoters of an anti-gay agenda”


““He has recently compared marriage by loving and committed same-sex couples to incest and pedophilia,” she begins. “He has repeated the Religious Right’s big lie that supporters of equality for gay Americans are out to silence pastors. He has called Christians who advance a social gospel Marxists. He is adamantly opposed to women having a legal right to choose an abortion.””


Interesting thoughts the guy gives me!


Hey Bolton, guess I would love to hear your take on this. Here is Obama furiously trying to be as inclusive as he can. I laud his efforts (personally), but I see he is caught in the vice of the conflict of his ideals. Politics is a tough thing!




GayUganda

No comments:

Post a Comment